Terms & Conditions
Regal Cakes Edinburgh
* The following terms and conditions on this page apply to all orders regardless of signed contract or not for all goods bought from Regal Cakes.
* All Celebration cake and Birthday cake orders require a 50% deposit at the time the order is placed to reserve your event date or order fulfilment. If an order is cancelled after it has been booked, we lose business from potential clients that were turned away to reserve your event date. Additionally, all of our baked goods are custom made to order using perishable, time-sensitive ingredients. For those reasons all deposits and/or payments made in are non-refundable if an order is cancelled.
Full balance must be paid at the time of collection/ delivery.
* Wedding cake orders will be confirmed once you have made an advance payment £50.00. The balance must be paid 6 weeks before the wedding date.
* Redal cakes will accept deliveries up to a radius of 30 miles from Newtongrange, Edinburgh. Cake prices do not include delivery charges.
Or Customer can collect their orders from us.
Once you have collected the cake from us we are no longer responsible for it, the client will assume ALL liability and responsibility for the condition of the cake once it leaves our possession.
* All our ingredients are of the highest quality. Sponge and chocolate cakes are made to be eaten on the day of the celebration. Our products may contain or come in contact with milk or milk products, wheat, nuts, soy and other allergens. Every effort is taken to keep ingredients separate however cakes may contain traces of nuts or nut oil.
So, we cannot guarantee a nut free environment when making our cakes.
You agree to notify your guests of this risk and hold us harmless due to any allergic reactions.
* We do reserve the right to use creative judgment or make adjustments where we feel necessary in order to maintain the quality and workmanship of our designs but also preserve the interpretation of your design to best of our abilities. Any cake ordered from a picture or photo of a cake produced by any other cake maker can only be reproduced by cake for all occasions as our interpretation of that cake and will not be an exact reproduction of the cake in the picture or photo.
* Sugar paste (the soft icing covering the cake) is not designed to be refrigerated and as such cakes with this icing should be stored in a cool dry place, preferably in the box they were supplied in, refrigeration may cause colours to run.
Our figures will contain a wooden skewer, or cocktail picks, or florist's wires to give the figure some support. Therefore, the figures are not suitable to eat.
Cake-pop sticks has been inserted into each layer of the cake for stability.
*Please note that I am one of the best figure makers in Scotland, I make more detailed figures. But they are not exact replicas or images of the person who it is of. It is a fine art and though I can make very lifelike cartoon characters, figures of real people may not look exactly like their photos
* All the cakes including cupcakes will be photographed and we reserve the right to use any photographs for display or promotion without compensation to you.
*Our designs are copyright to Regal Cakes Edinburgh as are our logo. So cannot use them without your permission.
*if there is s force majeure event (eg: earthquake, flood, fire, storm, snow, natural disaster etc), we are not responsible if the cake cannot be made or delivered.